| Posted in Booze News, That Wacky New Zealand

Johnnie Walker saves another life

In case you’re wondering, it’s a bad idea to drink methanol, a relative of ethanol or as we know it, alcohol. Why is it bad? Because it can make you go blind.

Fortunately, the cure for blindness is booze.

A 65-year-old New Zealand man’s medication turned his vodka into methanol in his stomach. After losing his sight, the man was rushed to the hospital. Since there wasn’t enough medical ethanol on hand, the doctors sent someone out to get some Johnnie Walker Black Label scotch and set up a tube to deposit the hootch directly into his stomach. The scotch competed with the methanol in his stomach, which prevented more of it from being digested.

The man’s sight was saved, but he had a hell of a hangover.

One comment

  1. Pingback: Medicine, bar scene slowly merging | SeriouslyGuys